Biometric Screening & Health Risk Assessments
Assessments provide a benchmark for your current health status, and baseline to measure improvement.
With nearly three decades of experience, a leading edge team of specialized medical professionals and a commitment to service quality, Medisys has positively impacted the lives of tens of thousands of executives and their loved ones. From coast to coast Medisys has grown to become Canada’s leading network of preventive, diagnostic, and consultative executive healthcare services by offering an all-encompassing preventive health solution that enriches the lives of clients and produces measurable results.
The Medisys Preventive Health Assessment:
- Unhurried time with your preventive health physician
- A comprehensive physical assessment
- Personalized diet consultation with a registered dietitian
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Enhanced laboratory investigation for health risk factors
- Complete fitness assessment & functional movement screen with resting and stress electrocardiogram
- Assessment of stress and work-life balance
- Testing for vision, hearing, lung and heart function
- Update of all routine vaccinations
- Gender-specific tests
Many biometric testing programs collect less sensitive data than that collected by Medisys, and rely on non-medically certified individuals for data review and interpretation. Medisys uses on-site, highly accurate and specific biometric screening tests that are efficient, cost effective and highly non-disruptive for our clients because our certified clinicians/technicians come directly to the workplace. Resultant employee health data is always reviewed, audited, and interpreted by an expert physician.
How it Works:
Biometric screenings are an effective method in identifying health risks due to unhealthy lifestyle behaviors, and can provide the necessary information and data to utilize intervention strategies and preventive measures to reduce or mitigate these risks.
On-site biometric testing includes:
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Blood pressure
- Waist circumference (abdominal girth)
- Fasting glucose/blood sugar (the amount of sugar in the blood)
- Total cholesterol
- HDL and LDL cholesterol level
- Triglyceride level (the amount of fatty acids in the blood)
All values are stored on our online health portal for ongoing tracking and employee health literacy.
Biometric Assessments Process
Step 1) Program dates are selected and scheduled.
Step 2) Promotion of the program is sent to employees. The following documents are provided by Medisys:
- Communication plan
Step 3) The on-site biometric testing program takes place.
- In the case of instant testing, results are discussed with the employee during this appointment.
- In the case of accurate testing, phone follow-ups with the employee take place several weeks later.
Step 4) Personalized reports are made available through the Carebook health portal.
Step 5) An aggregate report of program results is prepared and presented to the HR team.
Step 6) A report of recommended follow-up activities, based on the aggregate program results, is presented.
Health Risk Assessments
Our health risk assessments (HRA’s) done through Carebook provide insights for both the employee and the organization as to health and lifestyle risks associated with illness, injury and quality of life. The health risk assessments used by Medisys are validated questionnaires which have shown sensitive and specific prediction of health risk relevant to wellness programming and employee long term health. These health risk assessments are used to determine likelihood of:
- Metabolic disease
- Stress and anxiety
- Mental health
- Cancer risk
- Men’s and women’s health issues
- Digestive disorders
- Obesity related conditions
These questionnaires can be facilitated with large populations of employees where more intensive assessment may not be viable. HRA’s are also a powerful tool for measuring all employees when differing levels of assessment are provided to subgroups such as executives or specific high risk employees.
Health Data Audits
Medisys can work with our clients to assess existing health data. This data includes previous HRA’s, biometric data, and health and safety statistics which are used to help guide ongoing wellness strategy.
Our team of physicians, researchers and health experts work with our client’s wellness team to identify where wellness efforts should be focused. During this process Medisys helps clients determine key performance indicators that can be used to bench mark the success of wellness programming. Additionally, Medisys determines which assessments and health metrics are most valuable for an organization to monitor and what interventions should be implemented to ensure a return on health investment.
Audits can involve analysis of variables including:
- Cardiovascular risk
- Obesity and anthropometrics (BMI, waist circumference, waist hip ratio)
- Soft tissue injuries
- Lifestyle factors
- Mental health (Anxiety, stress, cognition)