Health Improvement Services
We work with our clients to improve health and wellness by implementing customized plans to reduce the risk of injury, illness,and incidents. Our team of experts facilitates these plans by employing validated approaches relevant to the individual and the organization by addressing nutrition, fitness, medical, and health and safety factors.
Corporate Dietitian Services
Our Registered Dietitians (RD) leverage our comprehensive database of nutrition resources along with their extensive knowledge of food science to provide realistic and effective plans for employees. We will also implement communication plans to help drive employee engagement and participation.
Examples of our services include:
Individualized Nutrition Consulting: We deliver onsite one-on-one nutrition consultation and personalized meal plans designed to support employee challenges related to food, goals, allergies, food preferences and health conditions.
Employee Nutrition Seminars: Our onsite nutrition seminars are 1 hour workshops designed to educate your employees on living and eating healthy.
Nutrition-Focused Corporate Wellness Contests: Kick-start your employees’ motivation with one of our nutrition-focused wellness contests like the “Belly Off Challenge”. We provide employees the opportunity to compete to lose inches off their waists while providing expert nutrition counselling. We provide the tools for a sustained healthy lifestyle change, not just short term restriction which may be unhealthy.
“Healthy Choices” Programs: Medisys dietitians can audit corporate cafeteria kitchens, vending machines, and snack stations help ensure nutritionally sound, healthy meal options are available.
Fitness Programs and Challenges
Whether your employees are interested in how to lose weight, how to train for their favorite sport, how to maintain a healthy back, where to purchase home fitness equipment or manage work life balance, our consultants are ready to assist. Coaching is provided on-site, over the phone, and via e-mail.
Fitness Programs and Challenges Include:
- Individualized Fitness Assessments & Fitness Training: Individualized fitness assessment help determine exercise needs and risk factors for injury. Sessions include anthropometric tests and workout plans assigned via our proprietary software.
- Step Challenges: Step challenges such as our “walk across the province” challenge get employees moving in a fun competitive atmosphere. We provide tracking devices and monitoring via our proprietary software which creates a visual progress meter to engage your team.
Onsite Fitness Classes
Medisys offers a wide range of fitness classes taught by our experienced group of instructors. Classes are conducted at your location and are designed to meet your fitness needs while suited to your space requirements. Our team of experts are certified in their respective disciplines and create an enjoyable, encouraging and motivational atmosphere. Classes include:
- Stability Ball Training: During this class our instructor will walk participants through
exercises aimed to improve core strength and fitness using stability balls.
- Boot Camp/Circuit Training: This structured resistance training circuit is geared towards full body strength and conditioning using body weigh exercises, dumbbells, and cables.
- Yoga: Our Yoga classes provide a series of stretches and exercises designed to improve flexibility through the hips, back and shoulders to enhance mental relaxation.
- Beginner Classes: The purpose of this class is to focus on education around physical activity including proper technique, posture, and exercise training fundamentals.
- Foam Rolling: Foam rolling is a self-myofascial release (SMR) technique used to inhibit overactive muscles and improve soft tissue extensibility, thus relaxing the muscles and promoting injury prevention.
Fitness Facility Design and Management
In providing our fitness facility design and management services, we work in collaboration with the project architects and design team. With 35+ years’ experience designing and managing corporate/tenant fitness facilities, we are experts in understanding employee needs and interests, usage patterns, fitness equipment trends and best practices in fitness facility operation.
- Health screening
- Individual program prescription
- Teaching a variety of fitness classes
- Coordinating walking & running clubs
- Facility management to minimize liability and ensure member safety
- Coordinating a variety of face-to-face and web based wellness programs
- Program marketing
- Program evaluation
We provide a program management proposal which reflects the size and scope of the facility, employee population, supervision hours and available resources.
Health and Wellness Seminars
Medisys education seminars are one hour health education workshops. With a staff of leading Physicians, PhDs in medicine, Registered Dietitians, Certified Athletic Therapists, teachers and educators, Kinesiologists, elite athletes, Registered Massage Therapists, and Personal Trainers, Medisys has 30 years’ experience educating our clients and their employees. Presentations are customized for the group, length of time allotted, and goals of the client. Presentations are complemented with take home educational materials and resources.
Sample Wellness Topics:
- The 7 Habits of Healthy Living
- Energy & Productivity
- Sleep and Stress Management
- Nutrition Fundamentals
- Exercise & Fitness Performance
- Summer Health Tips
- Holiday Survival Tips
- Running Training (tele-ten)
- Foam Rolling & Injury Prevention
Sample Medical Topics:
- Know Your Numbers Series
- Diabetes Prevention
- Men’s and Women’s Health Issues
- Healthy Aging
- Brain Health
Sample Safety Topics:
- Back Health
- Strains and Sprains
- Stretching in the workplace
- Fatigue Management
- Lifting Safety
- Personal Safety Triad
- Behavioural Based Safety
Web Based Programs
Medisys web-based programs are designed for employees who would like to improve their health on their own terms and in the comfort of their home. Our programs provide a cost-effective wellness solution for a decentralized organization. Some of our web-based programs include:
- Online Campaigns & Challenges: Our online campaigns and challenges are user friendly, fun and easy to administer. These cost-effective wellness solutions create a sense of community throughout the organization through healthy competition and interactive features.
- E-Campaigns: Through our e-campaigns, employees receive weekly e-blasts containing health-related information on a specific topic. These e-campaigns run from two to four weeks and send a continuous message that wellness is important. Examples of successful e-campaigns include You Snooze, You Lose, Nutrition 4 You and the 12 Days of Fitmas.
- Trektober e-Challenge: Whether you like to walk, run or participate in other sporting pursuits, the Trektober Challenge is right for everyone. Participants can sign up in teams or as individuals to track their progress on their desktop or mobile phone and receive weekly wellness tips and encouragement.
- Monthly Wellness Resources: Alive@Work™ provides monthly media quality wellness resources to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle. These resources include three featured healthy recipes and health facts on topics related to fitness, nutrition, weight management, stress management and general health. The Alive@ Work™ link is posted on your organization’s intranet site but resources can also be printed for bulletin boards and handouts.
- Webinars: Our webinars provide employees with an opportunity to learn more about personal health issues while experienced presenters deliver these interactive and informative sessions. By the end of each session participants are encouraged to commit to making at least one positive lifestyle change.
The Medisys Difference:
Medisys has delivered thousands of successful ergonomic assessments for our clients. Our industry-leading experience allows us to offer a streamlined and efficient process that is competitively priced.
Why Conduct Ergonomic Assessments?
Ergonomic assessments ensure that an employee’s workstation is properly designed to minimize the risk of injury and maximize productivity. Implementing proper ergonomic solutions will allow for good posture and a more efficient workstation. Poorly designed workstations can lead to frustrated and fatigue workers who will have an increased risk of costly, chronic injuries.
Administered by our kinesiologists, our 30 minute ergonomics assessments include:
- Assessment of the workstation
- Adjustment of the workstation
- Education on how to adjust stations on an ongoing basis
- Ergonomic workbook with stretches
- Ergonomic report provided to the HSEQ or other specified management